Monday, April 25, 2011

STYLE Never Takes Maternity Leave

I have about 5 weeks to go until I get to meet baby #2. I am bigger and more uncomfortable than ever but I have yet to sacrifice my personal style and hit perma-yoga-pant status. Many women's body image and view of themselves start to go south with their expanding figures, stretch marks and weight gain as their bodies are hijacked by the most amazing miracle. On my less than fabulous days all it takes is an amazing outfit to make me feel a bit better. It's like a confidence boost and energy via "Style Osmosis" ~ what's on the outside get's inside!

I wanted to share some celebrity maternal style inspiration's. If you are sitting at home reading this, pregnant in track pants, if you are not a mom-to-be yet let is serve as future Mamma Maven motivation AND if you never intend to be a mommy style maven then you can marvel at these women who do it all; spend their time building their empires, growing a person (or two) and still maintain themselves and their personal style.


I'm not suggesting to copy or strive to style yourself after them - just embrace your personal unique style and maintain it no matter what maternal phase you are in at this point in your life. It takes every ounce of energy I have left to put my best foot forward and dress to fashionably face the day - MY WAY!
SOME OF MY RECENT LOOKS! IN ALL MY REPRODUCTIVE GLORY!


My mommy must have for the 3rd trimester: The MAXI Dress. It can be worn a million ways. Dressed up or down, in a print or solid with various accessories! LOVE!

P!NK Rocking a Maxi @ Farmers Market in LA

CASUAL CHIC!

PRENATAL PRINTS

POSH and PREG
RED CARPET MAMMAS


My ultimate MATERNAL MAVEN is stylist Rachel Zoe. She worked all levels of Glamour during her pregnancy!

No matter what your size, shape, or budget you can maintain your personal style or even explore it while pregnant! A little effort will produce a beautiful result as Style NEVER takes Maternity leave!


SHOP EVOLUTION VINTAGE for my great selection of baby bump friendly fashion ~ Dresses and Maxi's fit for any Mommy Maven!












Don't take my word for it: Fashion Designer Michael Kors told me via twitter The S/S 2011 Maternity must haves: Chic caftans, empire waist dresses, great Grecian sandals!

2 comments:

  1. Oh this is wonderful!I loved to dress up and look good when I was pregnant both times too. Now I wish I was bloggin' back then and could document my reproductive glory style machine too, like you:-) your so cute! Love these fashions!
    Brande
    http://victoryvintageb.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Brande! XO Style never STOPS :) .. now to plan my postpartum wardrobe ... ha ha ha

    ReplyDelete