Sunday, October 9, 2011

Many Happy Returns ~ GLAM-MA


Today I must take a moment to wish a VERY HAPPY 89th BIRTHDAY to my GLAM-MA Phyllis.

She is one of the most amazing women I know. She has survived the great depression, WW2 and my dad's family; which is literally a feat in itself. She was a step-mother extraordinaire (of 11 children) an amazing wife and working woman. Biology is not what makes someone a parent or grandparent and the choice to marry her and bring her into our family was the BEST one my grandfather ever made. My sincere gratitude to grampa Chuck!
My grandma has always been there for me and a permanent fixture in my life of love. Never forgetting a birthday or special occasion and was a major influence on my personal STYLE. We have shared a mutual love of fashion for as long as I can remember and I was always excited to go to see her and look through her closet, jewels and her MAJOR shoe collection!
She served as part of the inspiration for my company; EVOLUTION VINTAGE (read the story HERE) and the silver, uber FAB mannequin that ALL Evolution Vintage pieces are photographed on is name after her; Phyllis.

On days like these I wish I was closer to home but know that I am sending my love to Ontario CANADA all the way from the Central Coast of Cali. CHEERS to 89 MORE YEARS!!



I Love You,

Lisa
XOXOXO

Grandmas hold our tiny hands for just a little while, but our hearts forever. ~Author Unknown

What children need most are the essentials that grandparents provide in abundance. They give unconditional love, kindness, patience, humor, comfort, lessons in life. And, most importantly, cookies. ~Rudolph Giuliani

Grandma always made you feel she had been waiting to see just you all day and now the day was complete. ~Marcy DeMaree
You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to your grandmother. ~Proverb


2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful story! And your grandmother is still beautiful. You are so fortunate to have such a wonderful person or should I say people in your life. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's gorgeous! Many happy birthday wishes to her! I just lost my Grandma last month, so this warms my heart. xoxo

    ReplyDelete