Monday, December 19, 2011

FACE IT: RAW

As we evolve and age we should expect to see some evolution in our wardrobes, taste in food & drink, hair styles as well as skin care regimes. I for one was ready for a change for my skin when I had to FACE IT: RAW! Model/Actress/Author Carol Alt has a new line of skin care that is RAW, all active ingredients never heated above 115°

I have been vegetarian for almost 4.5 years now and as I age care more and more what I am putting in my body and on my skin. When I heard about her new line I was so EXCITED to try it! Carol has spread her love and enthusiasm for raw food by educating people over the last decade via her 2 books and her lifestyle. Carol says "I decided to take action by creating my own skin care products out of the same raw ingredients I eat."

RAW ingredients retain all the vitamins, minerals, nutrients and antioxidants providing maximum nourishment to the skin. Carol Alt is proof to me that there is something behind the RAW food & skin care movement. She is still as beautiful as she was in the height of her modelling career and I know she attributes her aging so gracefully to a combo of raw food, exercise and fabulous skin care. I had to investigate and try the line.

I am currently using:

1) The All Day Eye Cream
2) Radiant Face Scrub
3) Night Time Firming & Nourishing Face Moisturizer
4) Nourishing Face Serum
5) Clarifying Pore Tightening and Face Toner
6) All Day Eye Cream

In 3 words: I LOVE IT!
Why I love it:

* My skin feels AND looks amazing
* the line is cruelty free and not tested on animals
* the price points are AMAZING ($15-$30)
* I feel really good about what I am putting into/onto my body
* The products smell like fresh citrus
* My skin does not feel oily
* Available in both Canada (at all Shoppers Drug Mart locations) and the USA (FREE shipping on all orders over $75)

When I had a chance to talk to Carol (Check out her Style Maven interview HERE) she said "Your skin will never get oily because the oil in our product is “raw oil”. It is in a form that the body can understand and utilize immediately."

According to the RAW ESSENTIALS WEBSITE; "Many chemical-based traditional skincare products may provide short-term superficial results, but did you know they can also encourage long-term damage and premature ageing? This is because your body absorbs up to 60% of what is placed on your skin. It doesn’t discriminate between beneficial or damaging ingredients. By feeding your skin with raw ingredients, instead of synthetic chemicals (that your body was never designed to assimilate), your skin becomes nourished, naturally healthy and balanced. RAW ESSENTIALS skincare incorporates an abundance of super-nutrients, nature’s vitamins and minerals, essential fatty acids, enzymes and proteins."

I however need to get used to using a serum as opposed to a moisturizer so I may try the RAW ESSENTIALS moisturizer for day. Now that I love the line I am off to get the body wash and the body oil.

I have used several skin care products from high to low end and this is by far my FAV! Don't take my word for it though. Give it a TRY! Literally while I was composing this blog my cousin is down the hall using the face scrub and the night time moisturizer. Her thoughts after one try? She's going to Shoppers Drug Mart Tomorrow.


Have you already tried the line? Post your thoughts and/or comments. Let me know if you do give it a try and your feedback. Also check out the FAQ page for RAW ESSENTIALS.


Got a question that needs an answer? Tweet it to Carol @ModelCarolAlt

5 comments:

  1. It is really great! I am loving it. If you decide to try - let me know XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds great, will definitely try it after I clear through my current collection of products! I read her first book, which I found intriguing (nice to adapt some things into my life, couldn't go completely raw diet) and so this makes a lot of sense to me. Keep us posted how it stands up to the Canadian climate change that you're now experiencing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will let you know for sure. I'm excited to see how it performs in both climates. I am so happy to have found the line I was compelled to share the info with all the fabulous women in the world. Thank you for reading and your continued support of EVOLUTION REVOLUTION! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm in Australia & had the pack Carol has on opensky shipped to my friend in KY who sent it to me. It's has the cleanser which is amazing, the smallest amount does your face, neck & chest! The all day moisturizer & eye cream complete the pack $58.95 all up. This is the first time I've ever been able to use eye cream without getting an allergic reaction of red rashy bumps in that area.
    Love it & want to try more products!!!

    ReplyDelete