Thursday, March 29, 2012

Pretty Peplum's

I never thought I would see the day; the resurrection of the peplum. I remember them from the 80's and I now see them on the runways! Once again, the Fashion industry is based on the recycling and re-working of ideas from days gone by. To me, this is why Vintage clothing is SO CHIC! and at Evolution Vintage why I can Re-Style Fashion's past current. The origin of the peplum was not in the 80's but all the way pack to the 1920's when it rocked frocks in a different forms.
Peplum Suit Design Sketch - 1930's 

 PEPLUM: A Short, flared, gathered or pleated piece of fabric attached at the waist of a woman's jacket, dress or blouse. A peplum has many forms: At Givenchy on a sleeveless top.

A Vintage 1980's "Puff Peplum" in a floral print (Sex and the City Movie 1)
And in 2012

Basic Black


Polka Dot Peplum

Peplum with Pants

Peplum in a Print

Animal print at Evolution Vintage (Detachable Peplum)

Peplum a la Celeb
Pouty in a Peplum

Can YOU be Pretty in a Peplum???

No comments:

Post a Comment