Sunday, April 15, 2012

Brace Yourself

Art Smith "Modernist Cuff" ~ 1948

I am an equal opportunity offender when it comes to my accessories. I LOVE them ALL. I honestly can't say that I prefer one over another but where and how I style them are situational and outfit dependent of course.

Bracelets (Especially cuffs) have had my PROFashional attention fro quite some time now. There are a million different styles, textures, materials and styles when it comes to wrapping your wrist. 

 The origin of the term 'bracelet' is from the Greek 'brachile' meaning 'of the arm', via the Old French 'barcel'. A bracelet is also a small brace or bracer (an arm-guard used by archers). 

Where Bangles Began:  The history of Egyptian bracelets is as old as 5000 BCE

Just like with everything in Fashion there are NO hard and fast RULES on how to style bracelets. You can stack them, mix & match them, double cuff each wrist, or style it solo.

I have heard rumblings of an ankle bracelet trend rearing it's fugly head for Spring/Summer 2012. That trend, for me is right up there with the bare mid drift in the tacky and unnecessary category.

I WILL however stack this season:

Vintage Yellow Shades - Stacking Bangle Set

(Styled with Vintage Cream Terry Dress & Vintage Gold/Yellow Stone Choker)

My FAV style of them all lately has been the Vintage Hinge or Clamp Bracelet. I adore this red jeweled piece.



How will you BRACE yourself this season????


Gold Tone "Charm" Bracelet in Purple/Mauve Tones (Styled with 70's Mauve Dress)


Vintage Gold Tone "Charm" Bracelet with  green stones (Styled w 70's Floral Dress)




Vintage gold tone bracelet with floral design (Styled with 70's Yellow floral dress)


Vintage CINER Double Panther Head Bracelet (Styled with a Vintage 60's velvet mini dress)


Vintage Large Jeweled Hinge Bracelet (Styled with a Vintage Gown in PINK)


Vintage Silver Tone Hinge Bracelet (Styled with Vintage Dress in Fuschia)




Vintage gold tone "Leaf" bracelet with brown accent pieces (Styled with Vtg Gold/Silver Cocktail Dress)

No comments:

Post a Comment