Wednesday, June 27, 2012

GO Gingham: Summer Chic



Anyone who knows me is well aware that I have an affinity for PRINTS. When I think of a summer print my mind does not jump to the obvious; floral. I blogged recently about Fruits/Veggie prints for summer 2012 but I also LOVE Gingham. Not only does the print make for a fabulous table cloth or picknic spread, shabby chic style but it is a beautiful choice for summer in all of it's forms ~ Dresses, shoes, tops and MORE! 




FAV Swim: Navy/White Gingham by J. Crew (SALE: $55)








FAV Set: Vintage 1960's Navy/White 3 piece Gingham Set (Dress/Jacket/Belt)


TIP: Style with a POP of colour AND metallic accessories! I will show you how to Re-Style these 3 pieces into several contemporary looks using additional Vintage accessories in an upcoming blog. 




Gingham is a GO for summer!

B&W Gingham w embellishments

NOW: on Dita Von Teese

THEN: - Vintage Skirt by briannauk


Navy/White Mini




Summer Day Dress

NOW: by D&G



Black & White Chic Checks




TIP: Making minor alterations to ANY garment (tailoring or shortening skirts) makes a BIG difference. Don't let an amazing Vintage piece pass you by due to ill fitting or not being the right length. CALL A SEAMSTRESS!



Will you be Good To Go In GINGHAM this summer??

No comments:

Post a Comment