Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Treat 411: Caramel Pecan Delights

I am always thrilled when a friend takes the time to bake home made treats, wrap them up in a fabulous package and share them. I was delighted to find pretzel perfection inside my goodie bag from my friend Jensine. Let this Danish Diva walk you through the easiest treat of the season!

From Jen's Kitchen: 


Seasons Greetings, fab ladies! Lisa G has asked me to share this obscenely simple recipe for Caramel Pecan Delights. If you are in a pinch and need to whip up something for a party or a sweet and savory treat to share with those you love, then grab these three ingredients: 
*mini pretzels 
*a bag of Rolos
*bag of pecan halves.
 Want to make this recipe even easier? Enlist the help of your beautiful daughter (or handsome son, hubby, etc.). My eldest daughter, Kaia, is quick to assist me in the kitchen when she sees me put on the apron (especially when I am wearing the reversible one that she and my mom sewed for me one Mother’s Day). She is a speedy Rolo peeler.
 If you haven’t made friends with parchment paper, now is the time to do so. I discovered this amazingly functional baking tool just last year and it has changed my life!! Cut a piece of parchment paper to line a large baking sheet ( NordicWare makes a fantastic commercial baking sheet). Place pretzels on parchment paper and stack a Rolo onto each pretzel.
Bake them for 4 minutes in an oven preheated at 350 degrees. Remove from oven and immediately press one pecan half onto each melty Rolo (Mmmmmm…hungry yet?)
 Here is the toughest part of the recipe for me…making room in the refrigerator so that these perfectly salty sweet treats can chill out before making their way into your mouth!
          Oh, and don’t forget to wear a one-of-a-kind Evolution Rewind ring while baking.
Vintage Cherub Ring - Evolution REWIND
  ENJOY!

Thanks Jen! 
Will you make these? or have you made these before? Share your experience in the comments!

2 comments:

  1. Um, hello! Super easy recipe. I'll be making these next year for sure! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are most welcome. Why wait for next year? You can literally prep/bake/eat in 10 minutes total. It is a "Must Try" for 2012 XO

    ReplyDelete