Friday, January 25, 2013

A Gaultier Good Beat

En route to events, school and regular errand running there is always music on in my car.  My 5 year old daughter is very vocal about what she likes and does not like. Recently she has become OBSESSED with the 90's club/dance group Deee-Lite. It's been a while since the release of their first album, World Clique in 1990 but I still dig their beats.  In particular the track "Good Beat" which was always my FAV and now my daughters.

And in true Deee-Lite style there are a few mixes of the song but I like this one best:
When I listen to Deee-Lite I am immediately transported back to the runways of the 1990's. Deee-Lite with their catchy beats and mixes were the go-to group providing the soundtrack to several runways shows in the early 90's. Lady Kier was a chic and cartoonish flashback to the psychedelic 60's with her fabulous makeup, prints and platforms (LOVE HER!) Her style has always been inspiring to me and still is looking back.

When I hear Good Beat I think about the Spring/Summer 1991 Jean Paul Gaultier show that was a twisted mix of the garden of eden gone rasta. Hard to believe, I know but somehow it works.



Have a look/listen for yourself, Watch the entire show below.

No comments:

Post a Comment