Thursday, June 27, 2013

And the winner is ...

Illustration By Sandra Suy - pg.120

I had posted recently about the sweet and stylish series "The Time Traveling Fashionista" by Bianca Turetsky

I originally got the series for my 10 year old step daughter, Danica to enjoy and she recently read the first book, "On Board The Titanic", here's her review:

"When I first started reading this book I thought it was a really good book. Then I thought, I'm glad my step mom got this for me. The character of Louise was a good character. At the beginning I thought it was cool that her best friend was not a big fan of vintage but Louise chose to love it and wear it anyway. When she got the pink dress I thought that the smell of the ocean breeze was a clue about how she traveled to the Titanic. 
When Louise was on the Titanic the book got a little more interesting. It was cool that it took a while to find out that she was on the Titanic.  I also learned about some fashion designers in the book and how Vintage clothes looked back then and they were really cool. I am looking forward to reading the next books!"

I had asked you, dear readers what your favorite period in fashion was and why. I was seriously hard pressed to choose a winner as all the replies were well written and made me want to go back in time.

Danica has chosen the winner .... DAWN for this submission:

"I LOVE the 1920s and 1930s....The time of prohibition, Gangsters, Flappers, ART DECO, Speakeasies, Beaded dresses, Bobbed hair, Bandeau's and no brassieres, lipstick, makeup, red rougey cheeks, Bee's Knee's, jewelry, long beads, Clara Bow, Louise Brooks........OHHHHHHH I LOVE the 1920s and 1930s.....can you tell?"

CONGRATS! and thank you all for the submissions!!!


Meet the author at the Titanic Museum (Pigeon Forge Branch) Get your books signed and visit the over 400 Titanic Artifacts at the museum.

Dates: July 04, 2013 to July 07, 2013

Time: 12:00 p.m.

Venue: Titanic Museum (Pigeon Forge branch)

Address: 2134 Parkway, Pigeon Forge, TN 37863

No comments:

Post a Comment