Monday, October 14, 2013

Now & Then: Black Halter

2007

I always love when I see a current dress that reminds me of fashions past. I am constantly seeing examples of just how chic Vintage clothing still is, or can be depending on your creativity, attitude and personal style.

The latest example is Nicole Kidman in PRADA. Nicole usually does not make my best dressed list(s) but I have to say this look is beautiful and unique.

NOW
 Nicole Kidman with Jackie Chan at Huading awards ceremony in China
I love the classic black halter style gown with front 'key hole' detail. This looks is tailored to perfection on Nicole. The sleeve details are an orange embroidered 'shawl' that is attached to the dress. A very unique detail.

A different dress but similar silhouette. To me these dresses are a blank canvas or 'tabula rasa' to decorate and style to your taste.

THEN



Do you love this classic silhouette?

No comments:

Post a Comment