Monday, March 3, 2014

Couch Critique: 2014 Oscars

I have been blog MIA for the past few weeks with lots on the go. Of course I took a much needed breath to enjoy the Oscar red carpet and all the fashion confections from the comfort of my couch. I always highlight my FAV's only so if you are looking for 'worst dressed' or a negative critique look elsewhere. My choices keep in mind the overall look, not just the dress. As always styling is what makes the look, it is not just about a fabulous frock. The accessories, makeup and hair are what take the gowns and the ladies in them to the next level.

My Best Dressed Overall: Kate Hudson in Atelier Versace
A current way to do old Hollywood glamour. THIS is what a movie star looks like!

BEST SPARKLE
Angelina Jolie in Elie Saab Couture

Julie Delpy in Jenny Packham

BEST BLACK
Karen O in Camilla Stærk

Julia Roberts in Givenchy

 Anne Hathaway in GUCCI

Charlize Theron in Christian Dior Couture

Olivia Wilde in Valentino

PINK PERFECTION
Camila Alves in Gabriela Cadena


BEST PERFORMANCE
P!NK in Elie Saab Couture

BEST QUOTE
Lupita Nyong’o: 
“No matter where you’re from, your dreams are valid.”

What looks did you love?

1 comment:

  1. Great choices. This year seemed all about the classic silhouettes and the dramatic draping.

    I also LOVED Jennifer Lawrence's look. The colour of the dress, the peplum waist, her hairm simple make up and accessorries... I don't know if she's ever looked lovelier!

    Maria Menounos I thought also looked perfection from head to toe. On others that dress could look underwhelming at such an event but with her makeup and hair it really carried it off so nicely.

    Kate Hudson knocked it out of the park this year. Last year was Gwenyth, this year it was her.

    ReplyDelete