Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Golden Globes: 2015 Red Carpet

I look forward to award season because it is a great time to see the artistry of fashion on display. I love the parade of the richest, most famous people who have something I actually admire; The unprecedented access to the best designers, current, custom as well as vintage archives. I'm astonished at some of the choices and wonder if the celebrity is really dressing authentically or on the advice of their hired stylist and/or the pressure of pending public scrutiny.

This red carpet was overall underwhelming for me and in keeping with my past Red Carpet Recap's I highlight and celebrate the looks I did like. I enjoy celebrating and feel no need to criticize the fashion choices of others or the red carpet looks I personally didn't care for. We all are trying to make an individual statement aren't we?

Laura Carmichael in  Vintage James Galanos

Emma Stone - LANVIN

Amanda Peet in J. Mendel

Felicity Jones in Christian Dior Couture
Van Cleef and Arpel Jewelry


Jessica Chastain - Atelier Versace

Catherine Zeta Jones in Angel Sanchez


Best Jewels - Naomi Watts in Bvlgari

Lorde wearing Neil Lane Necklace

Next Red Carpet stop SAG (Screen Actors Guild awards)

What were your favourite looks?

1 comment:

  1. Totally agree - underwhelming. It looked like a lot of people were un-prepared and just half-assed it as if it was a last minute affair and they weren't at home and had to make do with what was laying around. Upon reviewing the red carpet looks, here's who did stand out though for good marks:

    - Emma Stone. Gorgeously put together from head to toe, and so elegant.
    - Naomi Watts. Agreed, amazing necklace. Loved the dress colour, too. With the red lip, it all really stood out for being so simple yet big results. Was totally the necklace.
    - Jessica Chastain. So elegant and overall flawless. Pure glamour.
    - Katie Holmes. One of the prettiest I've ever since her actually. That dress colour (perfection) with her dark hair is so striking.
    - Jenna Dewan-Tatum. Her look is so soft and pretty. The dress colour more so than the dress itself.
    - Leslie Mann. Her hair was so pretty and I guess I just dig yellow! That cut of dress works so well for her.
    - Kelly Osbourne's dress. The colour, the jeweled neckline and the mysterious cut at the top (cape? sleeves?) was so sleek. It was such a regal look.

    Agreed though. Very little A-game. They needed Lisa G!

    -

    ReplyDelete