Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Style Scents


There are several components to personal style. It extends far beyond your closet and daily wardrobe but into home furnishings, accessories and scent. I am a moody dresser and just like I have several wardrobe items on rotation I also have a few fragrances. Scent, like clothing can leave an impression or make a statement without having to use language and it is a very powerful message. One that can be left behind long after you have physically departed.

Similar to those people who pair food and wines, I like to pair scent with style.

For this blog I have chosen the top 4 scents in my weekly rotation. They are also amazing for gift giving as they come in different sizes, creams, soaps and other fun vehicles to impart the fragrance like roller balls for easy travel.

If I was to explain my fragrance "type" I like "spicy", "woody" "musk" or "Citrus".


1) CHANEL CoCo Mademoiselle
Described as a modern Oriental Woody fragrance it is very romantic. I also have the body moisturizer and it is light and fabulous!

Top Notes: Orange, Bergamot, Grapefruit / Heart Notes: Lychee, Rose, Italian Jasmine / Base Notes: Indonesian Patchouli, Haitian Vetiver, Burbon Vanilla, White Musk




2) SJP - STASH
This is another woody fragrance that to me is both spicy and sensual.

Top Notes: Grapefruit Zest, Black Pepper, Sage / Heart Notes: Atlas cedarwood, Patchouli, Ginger lily, Pastachio / Base Notes: Olibanum, Massoia wood, Vetiver, Musk.

I also insist you purchase the roller ball for ease of travel so you can always have your STASH wherever you go.



3) Theirry Mugler - ALIEN


Alien is one of my favorite MUGLER fragrances, shown here is the Limited Edition Divine Collector bottle I am currently using. I really want to try the candle they have!

Top Notes: Sambac Jasmine / Heart Notes: Cashmere Wood / Base Notes: White Amber


    1. 4) Theirry Mugler - ANGEL

      Last but not least this has been as go-to fragrance for over a decade and is still in my rotation to this day. It is a very unique fragrance, a love it or hate it situation.

      No layered notes just fragrance: Chocolate, Vanilla, Caramel, Berries, Honey and Bergamot.






      No comments:

      Post a Comment