Friday, March 17, 2017

Irish Inspo


The Holiday Season has come and gone but I wasn't ready to let my tree go. This year we were away for Christmas so I didn't get to enjoy my chic new white tree for very long. I decided my Christmas decor of Magenta and Silver should stay through January and then was inspired to decorate the tree with LOVE for Valentine's Day which remained up through Feb!  


March knocked at the door and it was time for some Irish decor. My maternal relatives are all McGee's, real Irishmen and women from the town of Antrim, Ireland (my great, great, great maternal grandfather) but my Great, Great Grandparents were married and buried in Kilcooley, Ireland. So my roots give reason to this tree and it's decor. A little Irish inspo:

Tree topper was created from green gift ribbon ($2, shamrock decoration ($1) and festive headband complete with Irish flags ($2.99). Total topper: $6



The decor was inexpensive with the exception of the priceless Leprechaun created by my husbands grandmother in the 1970's


I used Green and gold garlands with shamrocks from the dollar store ($4), I purchased paper desert plates to fill the gaps inside the tree ($3) and used a plastic witched prop 8" cauldron to double as my pot of gold complete with plastic gold coins ($6.50). The cauldron can be re-used again at Halloween ($8) I purchased the ceramic Irish symbol Trinity Knot ornament separate online for $5.


the white faux flowers with silver glitter trim and gold coins also came from the dollar store. I scattered these throughout the tree along with green ones ($5).


The tree has been the focal point of our living room and a great themed conversation throughout the month. Total decor cost: $37.50

Cheers to celebrating around your themed tree all year long. Next up Spring/Easter!











No comments:

Post a Comment